- Identify the main differences between being a team member who focus on achieving a task, enabling others to achieve the task, and the strategic leadership role.
- Improve the customer focused vision for your team by conducting a journey mapping exercise
Understand how systems thinking will create sustainable processes that support accelerated growth within your department
- Get the important tasks completed efficiently through clear goal setting and delegation
- Identify the common mistakes of delegation and how to avoid them
- Identify and practice a number of feedback approaches that encourage future growth (forward thinking)
- Discover the key to keeping a new employee’s motivation and enthusiasm
- Highlight various office personalities and how to work with them
- Learn how to avoid and neutralise office politics within your team
- Develop a high performing, collaborative team by learning the five steps of a cohesive team
- Identify where you team is currently positioned on the five steps pyramid and create a plan to move your team forward
Who Should Attend
Its scary becoming a manager, all of a sudden people look to you for the lead. They expect you to know things that previously they would look to someone else for. Becoming a manager takes time but this workshop is aimed at giving you a leg up on to the ladder.
This workshop is aimed at those who are new to management and those who will be moving into team leader or manager roles.
No experience required. To get the most out of this course you sould be in a supervisor role or should have the desire to be in a supervisor role.
Module One: The Bigger Picture
The three personalities of a manager
Being customer centric
Customer journey mapping
Root cause analysis
Module Two: Task Management
Understanding cascading goals
The SMART way
Accountability and responsibility
Coffee machine coaching
Module Three: Working with Individuals
Dealing with office politics
The agreement framework
Module Four: Working with Teams
What is a team?
Types of team
The four stages of team development
Dealing with a promotion
Setting best practice
Five behaviours of a cohesive team
See all of the available Seven Institute Leadership & Management Courses